Sweet Potato Casserole
Posted on November 11, 2021
This Thanksgiving classic-turned-vegan will have everyone asking for second helpings! It’s delectably rich with a smooth sweet potato filling and crunchy pecan topping. The Maple Bacon Seasoning is the secret ingredient to elevating this amazing casserole to the next level.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
For the Casserole:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled
- ½ cup oat or soy milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter
- 2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp vegan butter, melted
- ½ tsp Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Cut the sweet potatoes into 1cm cubes (about 6 cups worth), then boil for 10-15 mins or until fork tender.
- Drain and mash the sweet potatoes, or for a smoother result, blend with a bar mixer. Add in the remaining casserole ingredients and mix well.
- Mix together the pecan topping ingredients.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into a large rectangular baking dish, then evenly scatter over the pecan topping. Cover with foil and bake for 20 mins.
- Remove foil then bake for another 10-15 mins, checking that the pecans do not burn. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Pro tip: Make the sweet potato filling ahead of time, then when ready to serve, add the pecan topping and bake. Try topping with vegan marshmallows as well for a truly decadent casserole.
Grab your Deliciou Maple Bacon Seasoning online and get free shipping for all orders over £20.